You don’t need a ton of space to start a successful small business. In fact, there are plenty of ideas that can work in just a single room. If you have a spare room in your home, consider the following business opportunities to make the most of that space.
What is a Spare Room Business?
A spare room business is any company that can be run in a single room. Entrepreneurs often manage operations from home, using their spare room as an office, workspace, or inventory storage space.
Why You Should Start Your Own Business Out of a Spare Room
If you’re ready to start a small business, here are some top reasons to use your spare room as an office:
- Save money: When starting your own home-based business, you don’t need to pay for separate retail or office space.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule: As your own boss, you can set your own work hours. And it’s easy to get to your office since there’s no commute.
- Avoid distractions: Outside offices can be quite busy. If you have an extra room in your home, you can set it up for optimal productivity.
- Cater your business to your interests: There are tons of business ideas you can start in a spare room. So you can find something that makes you excited to work every day.
- Get your family involved: If you want to foster entrepreneurship or work ethic in your kids, running a home business can show them what it takes.
Best Ideas for a Business in a Small Space
Not every business plan is well suited for a spare room. However, it can work for an online business model or one that doesn’t require a lot of space. If you’re looking for a good business idea to run from home, consider these options.
1. Woodworking Business
Set up some simple tools and stock your most-used supplies. Then use your space for crafting and marketing your…