Indians spent a whole lot of time discussing (and possibly even daydreaming) about clear blue waters and pristine seashores this week. Sure, each Lakshadweep and the Maldives have been on the high of many minds. Some have been planning journeys to the Indian island and others have been cancelling their holidays to the international shore. It’s all due to the diplomatic row between Male and New Delhi. We let you know the way it began and the place it’s heading.
One other story that grabbed headlines was that of a homicide. A shocker from Goa, a mom killing her four-year-old son. Suchana Seth, the 39-year-old CEO of a Bengaluru start-up, allegedly smothered her little one to dying in a lodge in Candolim after which tried to flee together with his physique in a suitcase. The story of the killing continues to unravel.
In different information, the opening of the grand Ram Mandir in Ayodhya is nearing, India received its longest sea bridge, and the Supreme Court docket ordered the rapists of Bilkis Bano to return to jail. All this and extra in our weekly roundup of explainers, the place we don’t simply provide the information however allow you to perceive it.
1. Final week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Lakshadweep and gave us #travelgoals. Sure, we have been in awe however within the Maldives social media customers and a few ministers weren’t. Derogatory feedback have been made in regards to the PM and Indians by some Maldivian ministers. Quickly, the controversy snowballed right into a diplomatic row. We let you know how the spat began.
Indignant Indians determined to cancel the Maldives. Seems, Indian travellers are its largest supply of tourism. Will that damage the island nation? We explain.
2. From the world of crime, some tales and extra chilling than others. The homicide of a four-year-old by his mom in a Goa lodge is one such story. Suchana Seth, the 39-year-old CEO of a Bengaluru start-up, allegedly smothered her son the dying, then stuffed the physique in a suitcase and tried to flee. She was caught due to a clever cab driver. However why did Seth kill her child? Was it as a result of she didn’t need him to fulfill her estranged husband? The investigation continues and the police piece collectively more clues.
3. Bilkis Bano’s battle will not be over but. However a Supreme Court docket ruling got here as a giant aid. It ordered her rapists to return to jail, quashing the Gujarat authorities’s resolution granting remission to 11 convicts within the 2002 gang rape and homicide case.
4. Kashmir’s Gulmarg is synonymous with snow. It’s the place individuals throng to ski each winter. However this 12 months, it’s dry. The snow has disappeared and the mountain slopes lay barren. The Valley witnessed a 79 per cent drop in rainfall and hardly any snow in December.
If the dry spell continues, tourism could possibly be hit. However why is it not snowing but? This story has some solutions.
5. From picturesque Kashmir, we transfer to chaotic Mumbai – town that’s identified for its quick tempo, busy life, and infamous visitors snarls. The monetary capital is seeing a serious infrastructure overhaul. On Friday, it received India’s longest sea bridge. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Mumbai Trans Harbour Hyperlink. It can scale back the journey time between town and Navi Mumbai from two hours to twenty minutes.
6. The discuss of goals and aspirations brings us to our most-read explainer of the week. It’s the inspirational story of Manoj Kumar Sharma, the IPS officer who impressed Vikrant Massey’s twelfth Fail. The film now accessible on OTT is a sleeper hit. We let you know the real-life struggles of Sharma, who has grow to be a family title.
Hope you take pleasure in our suggestions for the week. You could find extra such tales here.
PS: This week, CNN-News18 declared Shah Rukh Khan the “Indian of the Year”. Accepting the award, the famous person stated in traditional SRK fashion, that he’s the Indian for all ages. It’s tough to disagree.